My second child was born on September 29, 2010. The day after she was already vaccinated for Hepatitis B as required. I remembered the “Green Vaccine” movement which was headed by Jim Carey because he blamed vaccine for his child’s autism.
There are a lot of vaccine out there, but which are required? Do we really need them all? Is it really “Too Many, Too Soon” specially for babies. I’ve checked the list of vaccines needed by my baby in the baby booklet given by our pediatrician and here they are:
- Hepa B (virus) – given at birth
- Polio (virus) – given at 2 months
- HiB or Haemophilus (influenza type b) – given at 2 months
- DPT or Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus (bacteria) – given at 2 months
- Pneumococcus (bacteria) – given at 2 months
- MMR – Measles, Mumps, Rubella/German Measles (virus)- given at 1 year
- Varicella Chicken Pox (virus) – given at 1 year
- Hepatitis A (virus)- given at 1 year
- Meningococcus / Meningitis (bacteria) – – given at 11-12 years or age
- Human Papilloma Virus / Cervical Cancer – given at 11-12 years or age (girls)
I know there are a lot of other vaccines aside from what’s listed above. Which ones are necessary?