Draft Gastropub introduces new dishes to match to compliment their draft beers, fresh brews, and imported booze. The dishes are part of Draft’s quarterly specials which were put together by chef Carlo Miguel.
Draft is from the same people that brought The Brewery at The Palace, which explains the tiny bit of similarity in the feel of the place. Draft Gastropub is a more laid back, a place where you’ll hangout after a stressful day at work. The Brewery, on the other hand is for those night outs, live performers, and partying.
One of the pub’s best seller is the Chicken Pie, created Tiger-style. It’s chicken with mushroom and double-smoked bacon fillet served with mashed potato, mashed peas and gravy. Chef Carlo Miguel knows two pies are better than one so he created his version of the Tiger style pie, Meat Pie. It’s filled with beef and pepper.
Next is not just a threat, but a Triple Threat Sandwich, roast beef, slow barbecued pulled pork and Hungarian sausages topped with caramelized onions, coleslaw and served with fries. So I’m warning you, do not let this pass.
Not part of the five but highly recommended is the Blue Cheese burger. U.S. Angus beef burger with bleu cheese, onion jam, truffle aioli and frites.
An addition to Draft’s quarterly specials is the Stracci, a delicious dish of shrimps, fresh chorizo, chili and homemade spent grain stracci pasta, tossed in butter, parmesan and herbs. Stracci pasta is made from the same wheat that made their beers.
Before we get to the last dish, there’s another dish I am recommending, the Angry Drunk Mussel Pot. Mussels steamed with Hoegaarden beer, bacon, chili, onions and parsley served with fries, aioli and sourdough bread.
The last of the 5th brings you back to the real world. Cooked twice, tossed in confectioner’s sugar and served with a warm dark chocolate sauce. Meet the Beignet everyone.
While your waiting for your food, start pouring your own Stella Artois beer with their 9-step ritual.
- The Purification – A cold-water bath to chill the chalice and sustain the head of the pour.
- The Sacrifice – The first drops are sacrificed, a small price to ensure the freshest taste.
- The Liquid Alchemy – The chalice is held at a 45-degrees for the perfect combination of foam and liquid.
- The Crown – Gracefully straightening the chalice, a perfect head is formed, sealing in the freshness.
- The Removal – A smooth and fluid exit, while closing the nozzle.
- The Skimming – A skimmer trims the head at a 45º angle, removing the large, loose bubbles.
- The Judgement – Three centimeters of foam, no more and no less.
- The Cleansing – A final dip in cold water for a brilliant chalice and stunning presentation.
- The Bestowal – A moment to assure and admire a perfectly served Stella Artois.
Guests looking for an authentic pub experience need only to get a table at Draft where the atmosphere is chill, the beer is plenty, and the food exceptionally good. Here’s my beer by the way, I forgot what it was called. No I wasn’t drunk.
Visit Draft at The Fort, Unit C, The Fort Entertainment Center, Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City (0917 819 5830);Greenbelt, G/F Unit GB2-06 Greenbelt 2, Ayala Center, Makati City (0916 469 7436); Alabang, Molito Commercial Complex, Madrigal Ave. cor Alabang Zapote Road, Muntinlupa City, 0917 808 7927