Huawei Watch Fit leveled-up the fitness watch category, it bridged the gap between Huawei’s band and the Huawei watch series. It made fit watches more stylish and smartwatches more affordable.
To begin with, it comes with a new rectangular display to keep the fit watch look. It comes with a 1.64 inch AMOLED curved glass display with a 456 x 280 resolution and 326ppi.
It weighs only 21g (excluding the strap) so that it doesn’t distract you when you’re working out. It has a total of 96 workout modes which includes 11 professional workout modes which include running, cycling, and swimming. 85 customized workout modes.
Pairing it easy. Download the Huawei Health App (if you don’t own a Huawei phone). Select your watch model, and pair it via Bluetooth.
- A quick tap on the side button activates the screen and it gives you time and a summary of your health stats depending on your watch face.
- Swipe down and it’ll show you quick settings (alarm, find phone, do not disturb, and settings).
- Swipe up and it’ll show your notifications.
- Swipe left or right and it’ll show you your health stats depending on which you activated. Mine has the sleep monitor, stress monitor, heart rate monitor, weather, and activity records.
- If you tap the button again, it’ll show you the main menu which is the gateway to many other features which include, workout modes, camera remote, barometer, compass, stopwatch, timer, music, breathing exercises, SpO2 (oxygen meter)
On the app, you’ll get detailed information on your health status and activities. I don’t do many workouts, so I monitor my sleep instead 😂 The app also allows you to manage your watch – add/change watch faces, firmware updates, and many more.
I’ve been using it for over two weeks now and it has already been part of my daily life. I only used to wear a watch when I leave the house but the Huawei Watch Fit had me wearing all day, even in my sleep to check my stats the next day.
The battery lasts 10 days on a typical usage with heart rate enabled and TruSleep enabled. I didn’t have much time checking, not many calls and notifications, and no working out 😊. It’s around 7 days on heavy usage. It has a power-saving algorithm to balance consumption and performance. 5 minutes of charging can last you a day and 30 mins will give you around 70%. A little over an hour will give it 100%.
Speaking of working out, Huawei Watch Fit features a personal trainer thru the Huawei animated workout, and believe me it almost made me do it. For those who are in training or want to really workout it’s very useful. It has training presets if you want to do cardio, abs, or whatever you’re interested in.
Having used it for over two weeks I am very much satisfied with how it performed. Here are the list of what I liked about it:
- Battery Life
- Camera Remote Feature
- Animated workouts
- Easy to use and responsive
The Huawei Watch Fit did a good job of bridging the gap between a smartwatch and a fitness band. It made a feature-rich wearable that’s right on the budget. If you are to get a budget-friendly gadget this holiday season, this is what I recommended you get.