After watching the unveiling of the Huawei Mate 9 via live streaming last year, I was finally able to get my hands on it together with the GR5(2017).
The Huawei Mate 9 was truly an eye candy. Its 5.9” FHD display looks in a small body looks stunning because of its thin bezel. Being a fan of photography it was the second generation of Leica lens that I was excited about. The P9 did a great job with producing great images, the mate 9 should be able to top that.
The Huawei Mate 9 comes with 12-megapixel/F2.2 RGB sensor, a 20-megapixel/F2.2 monochrome sensor and enhanced image fusion algorithms that work in concert to produce stunning photography. Huawei was able to add OIS and 4K video recording to the Mate 9 which were not present in the P9.
Huawei Mate 9 was able to address power issues, including battery drainage, safety, and fast charging. A 4000 mAh high-density battery and safety features were added in response to consumer demand.
An advanced power saving technology increases battery life to provide over two days of uninterrupted performance. Supporting 5A fast charging, SuperCharge wherein a 30 min charge will give 60% of battery life to last you a day and a half. . Most importantly, the battery sets a new standard in charging technology including Super Safe 5-gate Protection, which offers real-time voltage, current and temperature monitoring to eliminate safety hazards and safeguard battery life to prevent unnecessary explosions.
Huawei came up with a more intelligent software to ensure that it is as fast as it was when you first got your hands on it. Aside from having a flash friendly hard drive, the EMUI 5.0’s machine learning feature studies your day to day activity to know which app you use on a specific day or time of the day. It makes sure that you get what you need fast.
It’s not considered as AI yet, but Huawei already announced it’s two AI phones – Honor Magic and Mate 9 with Alexa. The Mate 9 is now available P31,990 and on Globe postpaid plans Plan 1499 with a Php4,800 cash out and Free on Plan 1999.
- 2.4GHz HiSilicon Kirin 960 octa-core processor
- Mali-G71 MP8 graphics processor
- 4GB RAM
- 5.9-inch FHD IPS display, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 2.5D curved glass
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 20-megapixel seconday rear camera, Leica sensor, f/2.2 aperture, monochrome, OIS, 4-in-1 hybrid AF (laser, phase detection, depth, contrast detection), dual LED dual tone flash, 4K video
- 12-megapixel primary rear camera, Leica sensor, f/2.2 aperture, color sensor, OIS, 4-in-1 hybrid AF (laser, phase detection, depth, contrast detection), dual LED dual tone flash, 4K video
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/1.9 aperture, AF
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint scanner
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 4000mAh battery, Super Charge
With the hype of selfie smartphone rising, Huawei comes to the rescue with the GR5 2017. Selfies are good, but portraits are better and the GR5 2017 is out to prove it. Also known Mate 9 lite and Honor 6X comes in other countries, comes with a 12-megapixel rear camera with 2-megapixel secondary camera. It is dubbed as the best value dual camera phone for the price of only P13,990.
- 2.1GHz Kirin 655 octa-core processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch full HD IPS display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB of expandable storage
- 12-megapixel rear camera with 2-megapixel secondary camera
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint scanner
- 3,340mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, EMUI 4.1