Huawei also jumped in to the artificial intelligence technology with Honor Magic and Mate 9 with Alexa taking a step further than other phones.
5.09-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels at a PPI of 577 pixels per inch. The Huawei Honor Magic is powered by 1.8GHz octa-core Kirin 950 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM and a non expandable 64GB internal storage.
Huawei Honor Magic packs a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 8-megapixel front shooter for selfies. Runs on Android 6.0 with a different EMUI.
It has a curved front and back design with a home button that doubles as a fingerprint scanner. The software takes in information on how you use it to customize the experience on your phone. Example if you usually listen to a radio program at a certain time or location, it will automatically do it for you; a flash light icon automatically pops up when your in the dark; and if you turn on smart notification, it’ll only show you the notifications only after it scans your face, so nobody else can see it. These are some of the new features unveiled so far for the Honor Magic.
The Mate 9 will be the first device to ship with Amazon Alexa built in, meaning you’ll have one of the best virtual assistants right on your phone without having to buy an Echo.
- Borderless 5.9in full HD display
- 2nd generation Leica dual-lens (12MP f/2.2 RGB sensor and 20MP f/2.2 monochrome sensor with Hybrid Zoom and superior 2x magnification)
- Octa-core Kirin 960 processor
- 4,000mAh battery
- Dual-SIM slot (with room for an additional 256GB of storage on top of the included 64GB)
- 64GB internal
- Up to 256GB addional via dual slim slot
- Smart Touch fingerprint sensor on the rear.
2017 will definitely be a year of AI and VR technology, I’m excited as to how it’ll do in the Philippine market.