Spotify, the world’s most popular music streaming service, shares that over 40 million users love Discover Weekly, with nearly 5 billion tracks streamed since it launched in June 2015.
Updated every Monday morning, Discover Weekly gives users the best-ever music recommendations, tailored specifically to what users listen to, and delivered as a weekly mixtape of awesome, completely personalized music. Now everyone has a reason to look forward to Mondays!
Here’s a look at how Spotify users are keeping their listening fresh with Discover Weekly:
- More than half of all Discover Weekly listeners come back the following week.
- More than half of all Discover Weekly listeners stream at least 10 tracks from each week.
- More than half of Discover Weekly listeners go on to save at least one song to their own playlist.
- Discover Weekly is most popular among 25-34 age group, closely followed by the 55+ age group.
- The top three genres streamed from Discover Weekly since its launch are (1) pop, (2) indietronica, and (3) indie pop.
Discover Weekly is not just about giving listeners personalized music; it is also about benefiting artists and helping them to get discovered. Half of the listeners of over 8,000 artists come from Discover Weekly; artists like BØRNS and Halsey were discovered by over a million new listeners through Discover Weekly.
A billion thank yous to all the music fans who have made Discover Weekly a phenomenon. Spotify couldn’t be more excited about all of the music being discovered, listened to, and shared every day through Discover Weekly.
Here’s to Mondays and to even more music discovery. Remember, the more tunes streamed, the better Discover Weekly gets!