Christmas is all about making everyone happy including kids that’s why SM North EDSA brought everyone’s favorite Kitty for Christmas. SM City North EDSA and Sanrio are teaming up to deliver the happiest Christmas yet with Hello Kitty, Christmas at The North.
Kids and kids-at-heart are in for a treat. Who could resists the little kitty that captured the entire world with its cuteness. Visit the Hello Kitty Village at The Block Atrium and have your photos taken with Hello Kitty’s friends and family.
There are four houses at the Hello Kitty Village. The first house I checked out was the Hello Kitty Cafe. Outside the cafe, you’ll see Hello Kitty and Mimi, which is Hello Kitty’s twin sister (I didn’t know that until I visited the village). Did you that there used to be a Hello Kitty Cafe in SM Megamall?, if I remember it right. Inside the Hello Kitty Cafe house you’ll see cute Hello Kitty merchandises that are also for sale just right outside the Hello Kitty Village.
For security reasons you only will be able to take photos outside the fence.
Then we have the Main Hall which is guarded by their parents, Mama Mary and Papa George. I find the Main Hall kinda weird as it is actually a bedroom. It’s still cute anyway.
Next is the Cake Shop. The cake shop is full of… you guessed it right, cakes! Guarding the house is this fine young gentle-kitty, Dear Daniel. Dear Daniel is Hello Kitty’s childhood friend. I don’t know if they ended up together already. I’ll call their children, Hello Kittens if ever they do.
Breadtalk was awarded the license to produce Hello Kitty cakes, and they really did a good job with it. The cakes looks to pretty to be consumed.
‘The last house is Activity Hall which is where she watches TV and play with her toys. I didn’t realize I forgot to take a photo of it. Here’s the view inside.
But wait, there’s more. SM North EDSA also features Hello Kitty collections by very well know collectors like DJ Nicole Hyala which was recently featured in Jessica Soho for her collections. (skip to 0:47 for her video)
There is a lot of items on display that you wish you could take home. Appliances like popcorn maker, cotton candy maker, sewing machine and radio. Stuff toys that shows Hello Kitty’s different personas and even jewelries.
Also at the same area is a huge Hello Kitty doll where you can have your photo taken with her.
The Sky Garden displays Hello Kitty lanterns that will not only light up the night but will also brighten up your day with cuteness overload. If you can’t get enough of her, just head to the Sanrio shop aalong Sky Garden(a lot of cuteness, hard to miss).
Things you should know before heading to
- The Hello Kitty Village will be available until Jan 6 (or at least before the world ends on Dec. 21)
- There will be meet and greet with Hello Kitty on November 24 and 25, December 1, 8, 15, 22, 23 and 24.
- It’ll be on a limited time only 2pm, 3pm and 4pm
- Make sure you have you’re cameras charged and memory card available.
- Expect a lot of Hello Kitty fans so be patient and take turns during photo ops.
- Grand Chorale Performance with UP Madrigal Singers and Ateneo Glee Club at the at The Block Atrium on December 2 and 16
- Meet Santa Claus December 2, 9, 16, 24 and 25 at the City Center
- Join Holiday Party and Table Setting workshop at the Interior Zone on November 24 and December 1.